2015 Edinburgh Fringe Fashion Show




Are you a designer? Do you love to sew? Do you want to use your creativity and talent for a good cause?  Do you want your designs to get noticed at the Edinburgh Festival?

Enter our Fashion Show Contest!!

The Weaving Destination Fashion Show returns! After an incredibly successful event at last years’ festival, Weaving Destination returns to the largest arts festival in the world this August! And we are once again inviting the public to submit garments or crafts using Weaving Destination fabric that we can showcase in the show!

 

HOW TO ENTER:

 

Register and Purchase your Weaving Destination Fabric

All participants get a 30% discount on fabrics from our Etsy store!!

Weaving Destination is a social enterprise benefiting women weavers in India, many of whom are survivors of human trafficking.  Their beautiful hand-woven, cotton and silk fabrics are organic, ethical (vegan), naturally dyed and of the highest quality. Proceeds from the sale of fabrics go back directly to the women weavers and their families. All contest participants will get 30% off their purchases from the Etsy shop. Email us your name, contact details, category and number of entries to: wetheweavingdestination@gmail.com. We will confirm your participation and then send you the details for your discount from our store.

 

Rules

 

1) Sew a garment, bag, headscarf, or any other type of fabric item using the Weaving Destination fabric and send it to us.

Send us your item postmarked by 15th August, 2015 (outside the UK) and 20th August, 2015 (within the UK). The address for posting your garments will be sent to you when you register.

 

2) We will include your garment and/or design in the Fashion Show

Your entry will feature in the Fashion Show on 30th August 2015 (6pm-8pm) in Edinburgh right during the month-long Edinburgh Fringe Festival.  The Edinburgh Festival Fringe is the largest arts festival in the world and takes place every August for three weeks in Scotland’s capital city.  We will showcase all the designs featured in the fashion show and your design will get media attention!

 

When purchasing your fabric, let us know if you plan to model the garment yourself in the fashion show or if you would like to make the garment for one of our models.  If it is for one of our models, we will send you measurements and you can get started on sewing up your dream designer outfit! For bags, scarfs and other items, let us know how the item is intended to be worn and we will do the rest!

 

3) You Will Be Automatically Entered in the Fashion Show Contest

You will automatically be entered in the fashion show contest which will feature a long list of fabulous prizes (to be announced soon).  The winners will be decided in two ways:

1) by an audience vote;

2) by a panel of judges at the show;

 

There are multiple prizes to be won! And your design could win both votes!

 

 

4)  Following the Fashion show event, you can either donate your garment to Weaving Destination or we will post it back to you. We are happy to send you back your garment for you to cherish or you can donate it to Weaving Destination!  Just let us know what you prefer!!
If you prefer, Weaving Destination will showcase your item(s) in our stall during the event and sell them for you! You get to keep 40% of the profits and the remaining 60% will be donated to Weaving Destination.  If you’d like to participate, email us your contact details, what you plan to make and how much you would like to charge.  That way, we can plan our stall accordingly.  All items made for the Weaving Destination stall will also be entered into a separate category of the contest with equally cool prizes!! 

 

You can send more than one entry.  Do let us know your number of entries when you register.

You can also come and see the show, tickets available from Just Festival.

Screen Shot 2015-06-24 at 10.38.39